Tuesday 11 October 2011

Remaking the Mask

I decided my last mask wasn't good enough so I remade it. After realising I should have saved a previous version of the file with just the lines (D'oh!) I set about retracing them with the line tool. Luckily I've had some practise at this now so it didn't take very long!

After the necessary removing of triangles and 5 sided polys, I set about welding the lines together and bringing them out on the left view. Taking a lot more care this time I was able to produce a better mask. Goes to show practise... or being less careless does the trick!

I'm not entirely happy with it, but I can come back to change little bits nearer the end if I have time. A plus point is that I now have two versions of the mask at the same stage, with slightly different poly shapes on each one. This could come in useful if things get tricky later on. For now it is time to crack on and build a head!



I did have to delete a poly when modelling as I discovered another 5 sided shape. I managed to find a way to get around it by putting in another edge that runs from the forehead down. This area is connected to a fiddly part of the face, but they are all 4 sided! By using the weld tool along with swift loop, I was able to delete the 5 sided shape and put in two rectangles.

No comments:

Post a Comment