Tuesday 11 October 2011

Making a Mask

I found it incredibly fiddly pulling out the lines. There were too many topology lines which made it quite a confusing process. If I could go back to the start I would use less topology lines.



I took each vertex and matched it to where it should be on the side of the face. In quite a few cases this led to overlapping lines which caused a rip or tear in the structure. After dragging out the vertices there are many small areas that I need to adjust to make the face more smooth and realistic.



As you can see in this rendered image there are lots of creases and errors. My next step is to fix this.



Once I have sorted this problem out, I will be able to add the symmetry modifier. Using this does mean that I will end up modelling a 'perfect' face as the features on the left will be copied onto the right. I think my face is fairly symmetrical anyway so hopefully it will still look like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment