Wednesday 19 October 2011

Ear

Next it is time to create the ear. First things first I had to draw the topology lines on the original picture. Again making sure I had no triangles. The topology lines have some loops, but I changed this when modelling.


To start creating the ear I used the same method as creating the face. Using the line tool and snaps toggle, I traced over the topology lines. before converting one quad to a poly and attaching the rest.



Next I used the front view to pull out the ear to give it the correct depth. I encountered a slight problem here, there ear on my front picture is shorter than the ear in my left picture, which is bizzare as I matched the pictures up perfectly in photoshop at the start. This will have to be worked around, I will just change the size of it at the end until it looks right.


Next it was time to pull out some of the features. I used the inset tool to push through the surface of the ear. This gives the edge of the ear a platform.



The next step was to use the chamfer tool to smoothen off the edges around the raised section. To do this I selected all of the polys around the edge before choosing Chamfer.


Te last step for the ear was to create the back of it and attach it to the head. To do this, using the line selection option, shift and the scale tool, the back of the ear could be pulled out.


To attach the ear to the head, I created a small flap. This was then rotated and put into place. The ear was then set into place using the attach tool, and then the vertices welded in.

No comments:

Post a Comment