Friday 11 November 2011

PC


Next, I have created a computer for the renovated Guildhall. We'll need to start animating soon so we've decided that we'll only model important things from now on.

I firstly started off with a box. I used inset to create a new poly within the box. I did this on both sides of the screen as chamfer will mess up if the shape is not consistent on both sides. The next thing to do was to use the cut tool to make a rectangle in each corner instead of the single line that inset had produced.



Using cut I filled out each other corners creating rectangles there, then deleted the lines that inset had put in. Using cut I filled out each other corners creating rectangles there, then deleted the lines that inset had put in.


The next thing I did was to chamfer the corners of the screen. This is where it was important that I created the rectangles earlier on as chamfer does not work without this. After i'd rounded the corners of the screen I set everything to be ID1 whilst just the screen panel to be ID2. Using a new multi object layer I set ID2 to be a jpeg of the guildhall, this is a sensible thing to put on the screen.

Next up I created the stand for the screen. I started off with a separate panel and rotated it into the back of the screen. After extruding out the last polygon I was ready to chamfer again.


I extruded out two panels resulting in them being locked at a right angle. Selecting the line in the middle I again used chamfer. I increased the number of sides to get a smoothed off effect for the stand.


To make the keyboard I created a simple box in the shape of a keyboard. I selected the face and chose ID1 and the rest of the keyboard as ID2. I then put a jpeg of a keyboard onto the face. After some resizing they keyboard was complete.

Next was the mouse. To do this I squashed a sphere and removed the lower half of it. I then used a modifier called cap holes, which I have not used before. This plugged the gap at the bottom of the mouse and put in an extra polygon. I could have done this manually using the create tool, but cap holes was quicker.


I wanted to add a bit of detail to the mouse, so I chose just to add the buttons. To do this I chose the polygons I wanted to be the buttons and used bevel. This tool is very useful when you want to make a ridge.


Here is the result of the rendered mouse, the bevel modifier has worked nicely.


To make the tower for the pc I created a box. I used inset to make the middle part different to the outside. After this I used the same technique as on the monitor, using the cut tool to create the quads in the corners, then using chamfer.


Here is the result of the final rendered computer

No comments:

Post a Comment