Friday 18 November 2011

Fireplace

We realised that the library will have a fireplace in it.

I started with a box as usual. After using the swift loop tool to add in extra lines and vertices I was able to extrude out the base and extrude in the fire part of the model.



Inside the fireplace itself I used the create tool. This enabled me to create an angled panel at the top of the indent.



Next it was time to do the materials. I used one of the images that we had from our trip to finchingfield of a brick texture (see below)



I put this onto the model but it was cramped in certain places. To solve this I used an unwrap UVW modifier. I have only used this once before in my head model so it was still a relatively new modifier for me to use. This enabled me to select certain parts of the model and change the map so the material fitted better. When selecting the polys needed I chose the planar widget then select align to whichever direction the poly was facing.



I used a multi\sub object material and chose three material IDs. One for the main brickwork, one for the inside of the fireplace and another brick image for the floor of the fireplace. The final result is as folows.

No comments:

Post a Comment