Monday 7 November 2011

Book Shelf


My first model will be a book shelf for the library. The blueprints show the size of the library and it is quite a big room. This gives me two options, either make multiple small book cases, or a few long ones. It really doesn't matter because it is just a case of resizing them to fit in the room.

To start making the bookcase I started with a box. After moving the rows of vertices near to the edge I extruded out the polygons to give some depth to the model. Extruding like so creates the sides of the bookshelf.


Next step is to create the shelves. Selecting polygon mode I chose the create button. After putting on snaps toggle I was able to select the vertices that will form the shelves. There are four shelves along with the top of the unit.


The next step was to give the shelves some depth. To do this I used extrude again. I also selected all of the polys on the top of the model and extruded them to make the top look more realistic.


After adding some depth it was time to put on a wood material. For the moment I have just put on anything realistic. This is likely to be changed nearer the end of the project because we will want to ensure all the materials match eachother. For the moment, I chose a wooden material from google images and uploaded it into a bitmap material.


Now it's time to create some books!

No comments:

Post a Comment